Below are ways you can help as part of a team.
You contribute from your strengths & join forces with members of your team
who add their own unique strengths.
- Bathing and grooming
- Trade tools
- Phone connections
- Friendship and support
- Assist with locating rentals – this is a large overwhelming task. The Rogue Valley Realtors are putting together a resource where many rentals will be posted in one place.
- Check Craigslist and Zillow for rentals. Verify they are not scams
- Assist monetarily
- Reach out to the aid organizations like Access and others to get housing line up
- Offer space in your home if appropriate
- Tents and outdoor living items – After the Paradise fires many lived in tents in Walmart parking lots.
- This could be a monthly or one-time amount or perhaps your family team can commit to a monthly amount, i.e., $200 monthly from your 5 family team that would create $1000 monthly support to your adopted family
- Gift cards
- Donation toward securing a rental or transportation
- Gift certificates
- Accompany to food pantries and offer transportation
- Locate meals offered through aid organizations
- Grocery shopping
- Food donations
- Prepare hot meals
- This may be from your own unneeded items
- From friends you engage to assist in supporting your adopted family
- Securing items that are available from aid organizations through your calls and research
- Household, clothing, grooming, blankets, tents, cooking items, food, computer, phone
- Daily grooming items
Friendship & Support
- Check our guidelines to help your adopted family formulate a step by step plan – guidelines are provided
- Listen, your team or each of you as individuals can offer support by listening and being there emotionally for your adopted family.
- Assist with rides
- Gas money
- Bus fare
- Supply an automobile
- This can be construction, landscape, computer, ipad, phone, transportation, haul trailer
- If you do not have any of these items, ask your friends and neighbors
- Post what you need on Facebook
- Offer gift cards to local stores for these items
- Reach out to aid organizations to procure these items
- Toys to keep them occupied, emotional support stuffed animals, clothes, school supplies, online learning assist tools, babysitters, take them to the park, or on a walk.
- Assist with transportation to laundromat
- Provide supplies and change to do laundry
- Do laundry at your home
3,557 total views, 2 views today